There are more filament manufacturers today than one person can reasonably keep up with. This is my list of suppliers and manufacturers below that I recommend based on personal experience. I’m in the New England region of the northeastern United States. Availability and suppliers vary widely around the world, so be sure to check into local sources.
Please remember there are cost-effective filament sources that are competitive with Amazon on pricing and even shipping. Be sure to check out the suppliers and manufacturers that directly support the 3D printing community before ordering.
These notes are based on my experiences with the Prusa i3 Mk3 printer. If you are using a different printer, please verify the hardware details are same. These pages may be a bit rough as I revise them and add new material. Please check back regularly for updates.
Filament manufacturers & suppliers¶
filament manufacturers & suppliers
- RePLAy 3D produces recycled ABS and PLA filament. Shipping is roughly $5, but includes return shipping for scraps you ship back. I’ve had great results with their PLA.
- FilaStruder sells a variety of filaments, including their Veracity re-labeled KVP series, available in spool-less MasterSpool packaging. US shipping is free for orders over $100.
- MatterHackers has a wide variety of filaments and 3D printing supplies. They offer free shipping that is as good as Amazon Prime.
- PrintedSolid offers free 3-6 day shipping and a wide variety of filaments and 3D printing supplies.
- Atomic Filament manufactures filament in-house, including 3.5Kg spools and very nice carbon-fibre. They offersfree shipping via priority mail in the US.
- FilamentOne manufactures filament in-house, and offers free shipping in the US.
- 3DXTech offers some high-tech materials, including a very nice matte PETG that matches Prusa’s orange.
- Partsbuilt 3D is a small 3D shop that offers some interesting products and filaments. Shipping is not free, but service is fantastic. They’re happy to accomodate odd requests.
- Mad Maker Filament is a quirky manufacturer that produces PLAs in some interesting earth tones. Shipping is not free, but 1.5Kg spools are priced competitively with smaller spools from other sources.
- Paramount 3D produces some unique military and sci-fi themed colors that are well suited to printing miniatures. Also available on Amazon Prime.
- Gizmo Dorks produces a variety of 3D printing supplies and filaments. Available on Amazon Prime.
Recycled PETG MasterSpools - KVP rPET or FormFutura rPET from Partsbuilt for black, BioPETG from 3D PrintLife for translucent
Contact and feedback