6. Techniques, insights and epiphanies
These notes are based on my experiences with the Prusa i3 Mk3 and Artillery/Evnovo Sidewinder X1 printers. If you are using a different printer, please verify the hardware details are similar.
This section contains notes on wide-ranging 3D printing-related topics that don’t fit neatly into any of the other categories. Each page focuses on a range of settings and capabilities to solve specific problems.
- 6.1. The illusion of speed
- 6.2. Maximizing printer output for production of PPE in response the the COVID-19 crisis
- 6.2.1. Quick start
- 6.2.2. Optimizing print times
- 6.2.3. About “printing faster”
- 6.2.4. Prusa i3 Mk3 with a 0.60mm nozzle printing PETG
- 6.2.5. 0.40mm nozzle settings
- 6.2.6. Post processing
- 6.2.7. Conclusions
- 6.3. Maximizing printer output part 1: Print, filament, and printer settings
- 6.4. Maximizing printer output part 2: Infill settings
- 6.5. Fighting Stringing Part 1: Calibrating filament settings
- 6.6. Fighting Stringing Part 2: Calibrating retraction settings
- 6.7. Reducing 3D printer noise
- 6.8. Using variable layer heights for fine vertical detail
- 6.9. Calibrating hotend maximum volumetric rate
- 6.10. Calibrating linear advance
- 6.11. My experience with the Prusa textured powder-coated spring steel print surface
Contact and feedback
You can find me on the Prusa support forums or Reddit where I lurk in many of the 3D printing-related subreddits. I occasionally drop into the Official Prusa 3D discord server where I can be reached as bobstro (bobstro#9830). You can email me directly at email@example.com.
Last edited on Mar 27, 2021. Last build on Aug 30, 2021.