Techniques, insights and epiphanies¶
These notes are based on my experiences with the Prusa i3 Mk3 and Artillery/Evnovo Sidewinder X1 printers. If you are using a different printer, please verify the hardware details are similar.
This section contains notes on wide-ranging 3D printing-related topics that don’t fit neatly into any of the other categories. Each page focuses on a range of settings and capabilities to solve specific problems.
- The illusion of speed
- Maximizing printer output for production of PPE in response the the COVID-19 crisis
- Maximizing printer output part 1: Print, filament, and printer settings
- Maximizing printer output part 2: Infill settings
- Fighting Stringing Part 1: Calibrating filament settings
- Fighting Stringing Part 2: Calibrating retraction settings
- Reducing 3D printer noise
- Using variable layer heights for fine vertical detail
- Calibrating hotend maximum volumetric rate
- My experience with the Prusa textured powder-coated spring steel print surface
Contact and feedback
You can find me on the Prusa support forums or Reddit where I lurk in many of the 3D printing-related subreddits. I occasionally drop into the Official Prusa 3D discord server where I can be reached as bobstro (bobstro#9830). You can email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last edited on Mar 27, 2021. Last build on Mar 28, 2021.